I want to promote the use of folding bikes as a means of transportation here in the Philippines. This blog is meant to share my experiences as a folding bike user. I chose a Brompton for its classic style and compact fold, but other brands like Dahon, Strida, Bike Friday, Flamingo and Peerless produce good foldies as well.
1. Participants must ride a Brompton folding bike.
2. No aerobars allowed.
3. Participants must wear a button-up shirt, tie and blazer.
4. No sponsor logos allowed.
5. No Lycra exposed.
6. Participants must wear a helmet.
7. The course runs for 6 miles (9.6 kms) around a half-mile (800 meter) circuit.
8. Whoever crosses the finish line first, wins a round-trip ticket to the World Championships in Blenheim Palace, England.
9. Registration fee is $32.00 (PhP1,390.00)
Once our number here increases to more than 50 Brompton-owners (we're about 35 already) I'll propose to organize a Philippine version of the Brompton Championship. For now, we have to settle watching from the sidelines.