Monday, June 11, 2012

BCP June 2012 Ride

My, has the BCP grown! From only 9 who biked together 6 months ago, we doubled to 18 last Saturday! It was our biggest group ride yet--not including the other members who couldn't make it that day. I think in total we've reached 40 Brompton owners here in the Philippines!
Anyway, for those of us who were free last June 9, we assembled at Ayala Triangle Gardens. It was a beautiful day to cycle: the sun was out and there were few cars on the streets of Makati. We biked to Salcedo Weekend Market. Walked around.
From Salcedo, we cycled on Paseo de Roxas to Buendia Ave. We climbed the flyover to cross EDSA.
We took the Fort Bonifacio exit.
When we got to Bonifacio Global City, we headed to the Mind Museum to shoot our group photo.
Unfortunately, when we got there we were shooed away by the museum security guards.
We were able to take some pictures, but not the nice ones that we wanted.
From the Mind Museum, we rode around Bonifacio Global City.
We stopped at Bonifiacio High Street for another group photo.
And then we crossed 32nd Street to get to Mercato Centrale. There we rested, made kwentuhan and had brunch. Got to know the other members of BCP like Marlowe, Alex, Sherwin, Mario, Bobby and Dong. Great to meet you guys!
I left them at around 10:30. Cycled Lawton Ave. with Ariel and then we separated at Pasong Tamo Ext. I proceeded to Toyota to pick up my car, which I had them tuned up earlier. I had biked 25 kilometers.
Good ride with BCP. Til the next one!

Special thanks to Al Castillo, Zaldy Austria and Bobby Leyeza for the photos in this post.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog and I had a lot of fun reading about how you use your Brompton in the Phillipines. The photos show a lot of nice locations and happy faces.

    I checked out your other bikes and they are lovely.

    I am impressed. Good job!

    Paz :)
    Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chandra! You're always welcome to ride with us here in Manila!

    ReplyDelete