Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Livestrong Twilight Ride

Last Sunday, May 20, I joined a CMR of the Livestrong people. They called it the Livestrong Twilight Ride. It was supposed to be a 24-kilometer evening ride from Circulo Verde to Tiendesitas to Ortigas Center; then to Greenhills, turning right on Santolan; then proceeding to Katipunan, White Plains and then back to Circulo.
I was with FBPeeps Abel, Al, Zaldy, Lucio, Charlie and Stephen. The participants of this CMR were not all folding bike enthusiasts. In fact, we were the minority. Most of those who joined were on mountain bikes. Anyway, we left Circulo at 4pm. The CMR was okay (brisk pace and well marshalled) until we reached Ortigas Center in Pasig when it started to rain.
I was not prepared. I didn't have waterproofing for my iPhone and wallet. So did Abel and Lucio. So we decided to break away from the peloton, which proceeded to Greenhills, and sought shelter. We found a waiting shed along Ortigas Ave. Then we transferred to Tiendesitas. It was still drizzling when we got there so we decided to have merienda (barbeque and iced tea) while waiting it out.

By 6:30 the rain had stopped. Since there was no way of catching up with the Livestrong people, I decided to go home. I had biked just 15 kilometers. Sayang. Will be more prepared next time.

PS: Thanks to Al Castillo for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment