Friday, May 11, 2012

Fibre Flare Tail Light

My friend Diane gifted me a Fibre Flare Tail Light back in HK. (Thanks, Diane!) It's a cool LED bike light that, according to its website, is different from other bike lights because it is omni-directional (seen from all directions). The LED light is lit from end to end via a fibre optic core.
The Fibre Flare attaches on the Brompton's seatpost (see above photo). You wrap the rubber band around the post and hook it on the other side. I like the Fibre Flare because it really is bright at night and, true to its advertisement, is visible from all directions. However, what I don't like about this product, especially for Bromptons, is that I have to remove the light everytime I want to fold the bike. Otherwise, I won't be able to hide the seatpost. It's time consuming to take-off and re-attach. I don't have this problem with a regular CatEye light. But that's my only complaint. It's still a cool bike light.  
The Fibre Flare tail light at night
The Fibre Flare was given to me as a gift so I don't know how much it was bought. However, the website states the tail light's SRP is $39.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment