Thursday, February 10, 2011

My non-folding commuter bike

Before I ventured into folding bikes, I rode a commuter bike.

This is the Allant from Trek.  It is the bike company's dutch-style commuter bike with swept-back handlebars, ergonomic grips, cushy saddle, rear rack, 700cc wheels, fenders and kickstand.
I bought mine in early 2009 at ROX for less than P20,000.00.  I got size 17.5" which is okay for my 5"6' height.


The frame is made of Alpha White Aluminum.  Color is glossy black.  I like it because it looks classy.

The fenders match the frame.  It protects you from having mud and water splattered on your pants.

Like I said, the handlebars are swept-back for a more upright sitting position.  It comes with a bell, but I changed it to cateye brand, which is much better.

I use this bike when going to the grocery or the drugstore.  Also use this bike to visit my relatives who live in the nearby subdivisions.

If I could only bring this to the mall and lock it at a bike rack I would.  But I'm afraid of leaving it, even if double locked.  Baka pag balik ko, wala na. 

It's probably why I ventured into folding bikes.  At least I could fold the folding bike and bring it with me inside the mall.

I do wish I could use this bike more often because it is a very good bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment