Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Bike Touring Year in Review

I started 2011 with a bike tour of Legazpi, Albay in January, where I got to see the Cagsawa Ruins and Mayon Volcano.
I followed it up with a bike ride to Marikina in February with my friends from the Firefly Brigade.
Then, Bea turned 1 and I started biking with her in March.
In April, I rode again with the Firefly Brigade during the 13th Tour of the Fireflies.
The following month, my friend Al Castillo and I biked around Laoag, Paoay and Batac in my province of Ilocos Norte.
Then in June, to celebrate Jose Rizal's 150th birthday, I joined Tiklop Society in a bike ride to Calamba, Laguna. Saw the tallest Rizal statue in the world!
Last August, I rode again with Tiklop Society. This time we biked to Bulacan.
In September, I joined the Firefly Brigade once more in a night bike ride around Metro Manila to celebrate World Car Free Day.
At the end of that month, Al and I took our friends in Tiklop Society to a bike tour of Ilocos Norte. We biked 40 kms. from Burgos to Pagudpud!
I ended my biking year by going back to Bicol. This time by touring Naga and Pili in Camarines Sur with VeloPH friends..

2011 was a great cycling year for me. I hope to equal, or even surpass it this 2012.

Already, I am preparing for a bike tour of Hong Kong!

Abangan!

No comments:

Post a Comment