Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vietnam Bike Tours

This is page 1 of my info packet from Vietnam Bike Tours
My wife and I are flying to Vietnam next month. While browsing TripAdvisor for travel tips, I discovered that there were tourist outfits like Vietnam Bike Tours and Vietnam Cycle Tours offering tours of Vietnam on bicycle! I was intrigued and checked their websites. Both offer 1-day to multi-day bike tours of anywhere in Vietnam--from Hanoi to Saigon. They provide for everything: tour guide, meals, entrance tickets, boat fees, back-up van, even the  bikes and helmets (but you can bring and use your own). How cool is that?! We should have something like this here in the Philippines. May be we could have bike tours of Cebu, Legazpi, Davao and Palawan! Heck, Al and I can offer bike tours up north in Ilocos (It's possible! we biked Laoag to Pagudpud last 2010 and Laoag-Paoay-Batac early this year)!

I just had to book this bike tour on this trip. It would be a crime not to. So, with the permission and willing participation of my loving wife, I booked a 1-day 40km. mini bike tour of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) to Mekong Delta (River). 

There has to be a big market for this kind of business because the bike tour does not come cheap (at least for my standards). But like I said, I really want to experience this first so that I know if it's something we should replicate here in the Philippines.

Will keep you guys posted! So excited! One month na lang!

6 comments:

  1. Are you taking your own bike with you or renting there? I do a lot of travel with my bike, and recently got a Montague folding bike so that I wouldn't have to rent anymore. Really good decision for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chris! Yes, I am taking my folding bike to Vietnam! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    Is this your first Vietnam bike tours ? You can fully enjoyed on your folding bike. it is not a problem.Indochina trekking provides luxury Cambodia Adventure Tours, Laos Adventure, Cycling, Biking and Trekking in budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Stemin! Yes, this was my first bike tour in Vietnam. I will try out the Cambodia Adventure Tours as you suggested if and when I visit Seam Reap! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chris,

    Why do not you participate in adventure tour Vietnam and Cambodia in Mekong delta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an informative post review. I appreciate your efforts and all the best. I am so pleased to get this post article and nice information. I was looking forward to getting such a post which is very helpful to us. Best Steam Presses A big thank you for posting this article on this website.

    Discover the Finest 5-Star Hotels in Manali for an Unforgettable Retreat

    ReplyDelete