Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Installed Panaracer Flat-Aways in my Brompton's Schwalbe tires

In last weekend's bike ride, Iso-Link co-founder/inventor, Arnel Andal, told me about Panaracer's Flat-Away.  It's a tire liner that's supposed to bombproof your bike from getting flats and punctures.  It's made of Kevlar and supposed to be light.  For more information about this product, visit the Panaracer website.

So the other day, when I had the time, I passed by Tryon in JP Rizal, Makati.  They had the Flat-Away in stock.  There are two models: One for Road bikes, and one for MTB/BMX.  I had the MTB/BMX, which is broader, installed on my Brompton's Schwalbe tires.
Panaracer Flat-Away installation at Tryon in Makati.

I thought it was P500.00 for a pair.  Apparently, it's P500.00 per tire.  So the whole installation set me back by P1,000.00.  Kinda costly for felt tape, but Arnel swore by it.  He said he hasn't had a puncture since installing them in his Brompton.

We'll see.

For more information on how to install the Panaracer Flat-Away, visit GearInches Flataway Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment